I have some Retribution theories but not really, speculation is more accurate I think…
- Mara doesn’t look like her mother, we don’t see a lot of her dad (or at least not nearly as much as her mom but this part may be pushing it?).
- Noah’s real mom was killed, we only hear about his dad in passing, we haven’t ‘met’ him.
- Jamie is adopted, we haven’t met his parents.
- We haven’t met Jude’s parents and they have seemingly disappeared.
…are these things connected?
- When Jude takes Mara he says something about ‘Someone had to go and be a hero’ and he’s not talking about Mara so we can only assume he’s talking about Noah.
- Noah sort of got himself put in Horizon’s.
- Now Noah is ‘dead’.
…was Noah not supposed to be there? Are these things connected? Are these things connected to the stuff about the parents?
This might not make any sense because I haven’t read the books in forever and need to reread but there you go.